Q: How long is each appointment?
- Appointments are 11 minutes in length with a four-minute (4-minute) break to transition to the next appointment.
Q: When can I start requesting appointments?
- TIAC Members can begin requesting appointments on February 17, 2020. Buyers and non-member sellers can begin requesting appointments on March 2, 2020.
Q: What is the maximum number of appointments I can have?
- There are a total of 75 available appointment slots – 25 appointments per day. Each appointment-taking delegate (Buyer or Full booth seller) can have up to 69 pre-scheduled appointments plus 6 scheduled breaks. Half booth sellers can have up to 34 appointments. Half booth sellers who purchase a concurrent upgrade by March 20, 2020 can schedule up to 34 additional manual appointments for a potential of 69 appointments plus 6 scheduled breaks.
Q: Can I request multiple appointments with the same buyer/seller?
- Buyers may request back-to-back appointments with the same Seller if the Buyer estimates they will require more than 11 minutes to conclude their discussion with that Seller.
Q: I only want to meet with buyers from specific countries, can I block requests from buyers that are outside of these regions?
- Yes, however you must configure your country opt-outs through your MyRVC portal prior to March 2, 2020. After that date, you may still edit your opt-out preferences but changes will not be retroactive to requests that were already submitted.
Q: I do not want to meet with any OTAs, can I block appointments from these organizations?
- Yes, OTAs can be selected as one of the opt-out options on the Mapping/Assignment page of your MyRVC portal. Opt-outs must be completed by February 28, 2020.
Q: My appointment schedule has slots blocked for breaks. I want to take appointments during those times, can I do that?
- Yes, you can unblock your scheduled breaks through your MyRVC portal or the Rendez-vous Canada Mobile App. Please see the “Changing your Schedule” section of the Appointment Request Guide for more info.
Q: Do TIAC Members have priority appointments?
- Yes! New this year, TIAC Members have front-of-the-line access to appointments including: Early access to submit appointment requests, opportunity to submit additional appointment requests, priority appointment scheduling and automatic booking of manual appointment requests. Find out more info here.
Q: I purchased a concurrent upgrade but only half my schedule is filled. How do I fill the remaining appointments?
- Half booth sellers who purchase concurrent upgrades can fill the remaining half schedule after April 6, 2020.
Q: I missed the deadline to purchase a concurrent upgrade, can I buy it now?
- No, unfortunately March 20, 2020 is the last day to purchase a concurrent upgrade.
Q: I have appointments on my schedule with buyers/sellers that I do not want to meet with. Can I cancel?
- Yes, you can cancel appointments through your MyRVC portal or the Rendez-vous Canada Mobile app. Please be respectful of your colleagues and cancel appointments as far in advance as possible to allow time to rebook appointments.
Q: I have other meetings during Rendez-vous Canada and cannot take appointments during those times. Can I block timeslots on my schedule?
- Yes, you can block any open timeslot on your schedule. Please see the “Changing your Schedule” section of the Appointment Request Guide for more info.
Q: Where can I get the contact info for people I am meeting with?
- You can download delegate contact info in excel through your MyRVC portal. Select “Print/Export” from the Appointments screen and select Excel export.
Q: Is it possible to print the profiles of the people I am meeting with?
- You can download the full profiles in word doc through your MyRVC portal. Select “Print/Export” from the Appointments screen and select the Word export.
Q: Can I book appointments using the mobile app?
- Yes, all appointment functions are available through the mobile app.
Q: I am not an appointment taking delegate, can I book appointments?
- No, only the appointment taking delegate(s) from your organization can book or modify appointments.